MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Only problem I have with my new TF is that the part above the armrest which folds down containing the drinks holders latch has broken... here are the pics of the problem: -

Anyone else had this problem, how can I solve it? Is the latch supposed to be on the cupholder part or the wall?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Hi Dave

A bit of each - there should be a male component on the lid and a female component on the t-bar. The female can get stuck on the male, eventually slides off and gets lost.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Why does my TF centre thingy look completly different to yours? Mines leather(ish) clad, is that an upgrade I didn't know i had? :hyper:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is a leathery material... probably just my mobile's camera.

So How can I get the female part off my male part?!?! If only this wasn't a car problem

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
James, you are becoming an anorak!!!!

Just been out in the rain to check my leather lid - no cut out but does have a leathe pull tag to open it with.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Sprinter said:

Just been out in the rain to check my leather lid - no cut out but does have a leathe pull tag to open it with.
Same as mine then, John.

Yep, I'm a TF anorak :lol:

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
mgdave said:
that is a leathery material... probably just my mobile's camera.

So How can I get the female part off my male part?!?! If only this wasn't a car problem
Righty ho.

If I'm reading the EPC correctly, then the part number you need for the dealers is: FYC10019 - Striker, Glovebox.

Hopefully that may help.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Sprinter said:

Mine's got the chunk "missing".

Think it was only the TF's from about 02 onwards that changed?
(Emphasis on the word "Think" there!)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay ive sorted this out, just need to get a new frame from the female part... once thats sorted my TF is in excellent condition! All i need to do after that is buy some cheesy avaitors ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
PaulaM said:
I 'think' that leather lids have the tag and non leather the cut out, but dont quote me on that! :O
You are indeed spot on Paula... and I think only the FULL leather interiors or Alcantara ones came with the leather lids... all others came with plastic lids - even past 02 TF's.....

ChrisT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts