MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, are the cam profiles different in a 1.8k compared to the 1.6k? and can the 1.8 cams be put in a 1.6 for a cheep extra few bhp?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a shame. i was hopeing that i could swap cams from bigger engine like you can do with 1.8 zetec with 2.0L cams. :( oh well

Actualy,.. what about the earlier 1.6 honda engine? is there a bigger/more powerful version of that engine to rob the cams out of? and get cheep horse power?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
K series and D series share nothing at all.

There is no cheap horsepower - unless you class a resistor and a few scotchlocks as a mod!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D? is that the old 2.0L rover lump?

i was on about the 1.6 and 1.8 K, but you said the cams were the same?

My seconed question was in regards to the honda 1.6L. if i had one of them in a car would i beable to rob better cams off another better honda engine?

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
you could buy some racing cams put them in an engine, then rob them! that might give you some extra bhp....lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
TiGaZ said:
D? is that the old 2.0L rover lump?

i was on about the 1.6 and 1.8 K, but you said the cams were the same?

My seconed question was in regards to the honda 1.6L. if i had one of them in a car would i beable to rob better cams off another better honda engine?
D Series is the Honda 1.6L Lump
T is the Rover 2.0L lump
K is as you know...

None of the cams are interchangable (you could put 1.8K cams inthe 1.6K but you won't gain nothing, if you want different cams you'll have to get reprofiled cams from Piper or the like.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
as Dave400 said.....

There are alsorts of conversions for honda engines, the most popular is the twin cam honda 1.6 - or you could VTEC a SOHC lump for a mini me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts