MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv got a K Series 1.4 and i was wondering if i can put the 1.8 pistons and liners in. wood i need to change any think ells????

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
devnet said:
hmm im looking for a right off 1.8 so i can just swop the iners over in to a 1.4
Just get the whole engine from a rear ender.

You will need the ECU and the 5AS alarm ECU as well as all the ancilleries from the engine.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
thats going to cost u a shed load for insurance you know(insurance companys dont like modified engines), it would certainly work out cheaper to sell the 1.4 to a new boy racer whos just passed his test, and go buy yourself a 1.8, or even a 1.8vvc

·
Registered
rover_75
432 Posts
I think the idea in changing liners and pistons is to keep the 14K engine number (hence avoid telling insurance you've modified it). Am I right?

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
insurance fraud is evil when they get you. Best not risk it. There are 1.8's around, look for freelanders and MGF's. They seem to pop up in scrappy's ever so often
Steve

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Steve220 said:
insurance fraud is evil when they get you. Best not risk it. There are 1.8's around, look for freelanders and MGF's. They seem to pop up in scrappy's ever so often
Steve

do they not where i live lol i cannot find one mgf mg/tf in south wales its ******** would someone please crash so i can get my speedomter fixed lol jkin

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
There is a 1.8 K series engine for sale on Rovertech.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts