MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
5,073 Posts
This listing (#4642997815) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

Try searching for another item now.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Master Yoda said:
thats Expencive the buy it now price
Bugger me. Slightly OTT? Its an attractive package no doubt, but its not range topping.
Shouldnt it be a 2005 on an 06? It wasnt built in 2006.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know, I know. But incidentally that isn't necessarily the reserve. I thought if I was going to home page feature it I may as well dangle a carrot, albeit an adventurous one!!! And to someone, somewhere who wants a bright red 06 TF....well you never know, do you? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder........and something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay........and let's face it, there aren't fleets of this things hanging around any more. And it's too soon to place an order for my 07 plate MG at the moment!

Regards,

Heath.

·
Registered
692 Posts
rlxs said:
Yeah, the hood has a placky rear window, not glass
Is it me, or is it glass on the pic taken outside, and plastic on the one taken inside the dealership?

And the different colour top?

Whys the numberplate the same on both.

Looks dodgey to me.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,474 Posts
Spawney said:
Is it me, or is it glass on the pic taken outside, and plastic on the one taken inside the dealership?

And the different colour top?

Whys the numberplate the same on both.

Looks dodgey to me.
That’s just the hardtop being on in one picture and soft-top being on the other pictures nothing odd about that.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but isnt it the guys who started the thread.... its his car which is for sale is it not?

or am i being blonde?

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
2,261 Posts
Well his name is heathdownes and the eBay sellers name is heathdownes . And the car for sale on eBay is in his avatar .

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
in that case i think the guy works for at an mgr dealers, but it is his privatly owned car which he is selling.

makes the most sense!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
deelunn said:
in that case i think the guy works for at an mgr dealers, but it is his privatly owned car which he is selling.

makes the most sense!
Well done and well spotted!!!! And my avatar saying MG Rover guru since 1991 might give the game away a little too! I assure everyone there's nothing 'dodgy' about the car, it is 04 model year build but registered by me on an 06 plate in March. The car is displayed at my place of work as opposed to being on my drive. It is at the premises of what was, for a brief period at least, what was a former MGR dealer, but has now changed hands since then. It's now a sports and prestige showroom for the moment. I don't think the new owner will be taking on the reborn MG franchise.....but you never know......I for one would certainly love to be selling them again very soon.

Regards,

Heath.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello,

Where on the advert does it say 2006 model year????

Do you think I am that daft?

And which cretin posted this? I sincerely hope it wasn't anybody off here:

Thanks for that - it was just the pictures gave me the impression of a dealer's showroom and you not being a trader! Could I ask you if you know how many MG's (TF's or whatever) came from the factory in Rio Red as all I have seen have been Solar Red which is a little lighter I think. Also are the red front calipers on your TF four pot or two as it appears the factory changed at some point from the four pots with 305mm discs to two pots with 304mm discs - and even some 160's that I have looked at didn't even have the Red calipers and just the ordinary 280mm discs with single piston calipers!

Answers on a postcard please to:

I'm an ebay messer,
Serious bidder my arse,
32, I've nothing better to do,
Please help me I'm a sad ******-De-La-Zouch
MG 1 Queen of the South NIL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts