MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I saw new unreg MGTF's 1.6 and 160 sparks with hardtop at a local Evans Halshaw Ford dealer.Who last year as a group would not take a MG/rover car in P/X.
Also locally Arnold clark have unreg MGTF's in stock.

Evans halshaw also had new 75's and 25 in stock.

The prices at EH are the old privilege prices,so the cars values seem now to have gone up to pre factory shut down prices.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Somewhere in this forum, someone pointed out that Longbridge are making about 4 FT's per day with funding from their Chineese parents.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Its now wonder they still have new cars for sale if they have not dropped the prices. My local EH are the same, they have had a forecourt full of cars MGR since the collapse, simply because they kept their pre-collapse prices.
Production of the Spark LE ended late 2004, so those cars will be almost 18 months old now. TBO I don’t think I would want a car that has been sat for 18 months, especially at those prices.
I have seen a lot of new Sparks still for sale, I think it has something to do with the costs price of the sparks being high, which means dealers don’t have much room to move on price.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Speaking about MG cars. I saw an MG TF 80th anniversary edition at my local garage. The price? Asking for 10k, the mileage? Only a mere 1097 miles... I think it is on an 04 plate.

Bit costly at that price? :/

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Togusa said:
Speaking about MG cars. I saw an MG TF 80th anniversary edition at my local garage. The price? Asking for 10k, the mileage? Only a mere 1097 miles... I think it is on an 04 plate.

Bit costly at that price? :/
what colour was it togusa??? tell me its black with a red hood, and red interior???

·
Registered
284 Posts
Clicky click

Nope ;)

Thinking to go and sit in it tomorrow.. probably ask to take it out for a spin. Bit cruel of me since 'Isabella' would be jealous (Yes, I named my car.....)

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
Togusa said:
Clicky click

Nope ;)

Thinking to go and sit in it tomorrow.. probably ask to take it out for a spin. Bit cruel of me since 'Isabella' would be jealous (Yes, I named my car.....)
as sexy as it is, id only really consider another one if it were in black with a red hood and red interior, much like andie b's! no offence paula i love the colour and all that but wood trim just doesnt do it for me

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Togusa said:
Clicky click

Nope ;)

Nothing wrong with naming your car ... but we've named our SatNav Clarissa after One Fat Lady.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
ricc said:
Somewhere in this forum, someone pointed out that Longbridge are making about 4 FT's per day with funding from their Chineese parents.

And I personally don't believe that this is true.

If they are making TFs they would need a new engine that is Euro IV compliant.

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Togusa said:
Clicky click

Nope ;)

What a lovely car!! :p I saw a bog standard silver 04 on a forecourt for 10k at the weekend.

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
:)
deelunn said:
as sexy as it is, id only really consider another one if it were in black with a red hood and red interior, much like andie b's! no offence paula i love the colour and all that but wood trim just doesnt do it for me
No offence taken hun, it would be boring if we all had the same tastes!!

A

·
0 Posts
Sprinter said:
Nothing wrong with naming your car ... but we've named our SatNav Clarissa after One Fat Lady.
Great name, John! My friend called his satnav Margaret.....after his bossy mum-in-law!!!!! He says obviously its always telling him where to go and it interupts his phone conversations with important clients....

·
Registered
284 Posts
*amused by the SatNav naming*

One thing thought is the mileage on that TF.. that still need to be run in right? :/

A

·
0 Posts
Sprinter said:
Thoughts of Little Britain .... " Margrit ... Margrit ... Gentleman want's to know if we have any maps of Nethybridge"
One of my favourites from LB....!!!!! LMAO!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts