Just seen you excellent how to on the rover 75 clutch slave replacement and wonder if I an pick your brains on the subject?
With regard to the anti roll bar and driveshaft removal:-
1. Which bolt undoes the roll bar, is it right at the end on the nearside?
2. As only replacing the slave and splitting the box, do I have to remove the driveshafts from both sides or just nearside.?
3. Do I have to remove the driveshaft from the hub as well or just swing it out way when removed a other end?
4. If just doing slave do I have to drain gearbox if so does this need a special allen key or something?
Just seen your post of the how to regarding the clutch slave cylinder on a rover 75, just gearing up to do mine and wonder if I can pick your brains on a few points regarding the strip own procedure, these specifically reate to Pic 6 i.e
Pull hubs outward to remove horizontally the drive shafts from differential on both sides and protect them with plastic bags and tape.
Can I ask for some further information as follows:-
1. How do you disconnect the anti-roll bar, the bolt your referring to is it obvious when you get under there or does it have a more specific name is it the drop link one?
2. As I am only doing the slave cylinder do I need to disconnect the drive shaf on the offside or can I get away with just the nearside one being removed?
3. On the nearside do I only need to remove the shaft from the gearbox end or also from the hub on the nearside or can I leave it in?
Thanks for taking time to post this its a real help!